Go Back   Bike Community > Road Bike Forums > Bike Racing

Old 02-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Unhappy Asthma and biking

I have asthma and problem with biking. Joy! Basically, if I peg my HR for more than 10 minutes, I have an coughing spasm that can last an hour. Based on this, I can't imagine ever wanting to race bikes.
So for those of you who have asthma, yet still get out and go hard, here is your chance to inspire! Tell us your story. Did you always have asthma or did you get it as an adult? Has it affected your riding? How? How not?
Old 03-02-2004, 09:10 AM

Asthma

I have a friend that had asthma since he was a tot. Many cranky nights with his head under a towel over a boiling pot of water...one of many home remedies that his mum tried. He started usingAlbuterol for several years now, mostly only as needed as a preventative. The worst attacks have been allergy-related, some from lots of beer (gluten) and cig smoke, some resulting in a trip to the ER for a shot of adrenaline.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 PM

Hi to all,
one of my close friend Felix is a rider and he is suffering from asthma ,but this thing never comes in a way ,when he wants to go out for cycling, although he always go for a checkup before he riding out.I always get an inspiration from my friend, I love him a lot.........
Felix my champ

Jimmy
Old 02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Asthma and biking

I think the biking has made my lungs stronger. I'm using my puffer less than I have in the past which is great. My lungs don't like it (get tight) when a trail starts out very steep and they have to be from 0 - 100 like right now. I have my best rides when I go easy until my core temperature is up. First 15-20 min. easy to moderate and then I'm all good.

Dennis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: