Go Back   Bike Community > More Bike Forums > Bike & Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-29-2004, 01:19 PM

Unhappy strengthening weak legs

Any strengthening suggestions for someone with weak legs and bad knees?
Old 01-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Strengthening weak legs

Hi Kevin
to beef up your legs i suggest a few exercises

Quads:

1. squads -
squats with a wide stand with toes pointing slighly to the outside, use not more than half of your bodyweight on weights. 4 sets with 10 reps each
You can increase the intensity of the workout by increasing the reps or slowing down the movement.
2. lunges -
Start by kneeling on one knee with front knee at 90-degree angle,. Feet are hip-width apart, chest is lifted, abdominals are contracted. Exhale push off the floor into a lunge position until the legs are straight. Exhale slowly lower down until the back knee is 3-4 inches off the floor. Keep the front toes up in the shoes to take any strain off the knee. Repeat 10 to 12 times each side.

Hamstrings:

1. Lie face up on floor with arms crossed over chest, hands on opposite shoulders. Place right foot on floor. Raise hips off floor until shoulders, hips and knees are aligned. Lift left foot off floor, extending left leg and holding it in the air. Release and repeat other side.
2. Vertical jumps
If you have a medicine ball use it with that exercise for extra weight. Go down in a jump position and jump up as fast and high as you can. Repeat 10 times.

Calves:
1. Use any stairs available, stand with front of the foot on one of the steps with the heel hanging over and lift heels as high as possible and then slowly go down and hold for 2 sec to give calves a good stretch. For more intensity do one leg at a time.

Do at least 4 sets and 10 reps for each exercise 3 times a week and don't blame me if you don't fit in your pants anymore

Good Luck
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM
VorobejRUS

strengthening weak

63 260 22 bf losing fat weekly but hamstrings are dangerously tight , weak knees , little legs on a calorie defict and strong upper body. I lift pretty heavy three times a week and I am trying trying to get things right legs shoulder day is wednesday

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: